Health care is in the midst of rapid transformation
And these changes are creating new opportunities for professionals looking to make a dramatic impact at the intersection of health policy and law.
With the fully online innovative Masters of Science, Health Policy and Law degree, you are prepared to serve as industry leaders. Your courses – which interweave the best elements of health policy and legal education – span economics, finance, policy analysis and legal reform.
Prepare to improve our health care system as a:
- health care administrator
- biotech professional
- social worker
- legal professional
- human resources representative
The online format lets you take advantage of the renowned education from UCSF and UC Hastings College of Law while you continue to work. Learn alongside students who are just as passionate as you are to solve policy problems and practical dilemmas that our health care system faces each day.
Did you miss the Soaring Drug Prices: Consumer and Clinical Perspectives and Policy Options event?
We’ve got you covered. Watch a video from the event so that you stay informed on discussions around drug pricing—which could become an integral part of your Capstone Project!
- Are you available on Tuesday, February 13, at noon (PST)? If so, book your calendar to attend Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies Chancellor Robert Califf’s free lecture on the role of health policy in the era of ubiquitous information. The digital era has made information about health universally available. At the same… ... continue reading Event: Improving Health in the Era of Ubiquitous Information
- When an M.P.H. Won’t Cut It Graduate Katie Gudiksen focuses on policy for social good When Katie Gudiksen’s children had grown enough so that she could re-enter the workforce, the Ph.D. in Chemistry-holder wanted a bridge from her previous professional life—working in diagnostics—to a new career path that centered on policy and big-picture thinking. Katie… ... continue reading Graduate Spotlight: Katie Gudiksen
- Did you miss the Soaring Drug Prices: Consumer and Clinical Perspectives and Policy Options event? We’ve got you covered. Watch a video from the event so that you stay informed on discussions around drug pricing—which could become an integral part of your Capstone Project! In this panel event, Lisa Gill (deputy editor of Consumer Reports… ... continue reading Video: Soaring Drug Prices Panel
- On October 9, 2017, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed SB 17, which requires pharmaceutical companies to notify the state and health insurers each time they plan to raise the price of a medication by 16 percent or more over two years. And, interestingly, each pharma company will need to provide justification for the price hike.… ... continue reading Drug Pricing Transparency California Bill Passes, Others Awaiting Signatures